Table of Contents
MICT SETA accredited ACC/2011/07/066 Est. October 2003
BEE LEVEL 2 COMPANY
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE 12153 Business Writing Skills under qualification Generic Management 57712 LP 74630:
Course Length : 24 hours which includes notional hours. Three days consecutive training.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The purpose of the unit standard requires learners to follow a process in writing texts and reports required in business. It is intended to promote clear, unambiguous communication in plain language and to improve the quality of written reports and other texts that are specific to a business environment, require a particular format and may include specified legislated requirements. The unit standard enables learners to recognise and effectively use textual conventions and features specific to business texts.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- using textual features and conventions specific to texts
- identifying the intended audience for the communication
- identifying the purpose of a text
- selecting the appropriate text type, format and layout for the purpose
- organising and structuring a technical text appropriately
- using appropriate grammar conventions
- drafting and editing a technical text
- recognising errors and checking for accuracy
- presenting the same information in different ways
- using plain language in business
We provide training throughout Southern Africa and have offices in all the major cities.
Johannesburg, Pretoria, Sandton, Midrand, Centurion, Roodepoort, Edenvale, Durban, Umhlanga, Cape Town. "Other Areas on Request"