A short read 4 minutes & 2 minute Power Pivot Consultancy solution video
#1 Power Pivot Consultant – Best Bespoke Solutions
Table of Contents
One of our International clients based in New Zealand had a request that their team and client could not solve and requested our assistance. Every company has different processes and their immediate needs are usually bespoke solutions, in this case, a Power Pivot one was the easiest one.
Power Pivot Consultant – The Problem
Their dilemma was that they wanted the Count of Unique Quote Numbers from a large data dump. Their first port of call was the tried and tested Pivot Table via Excel menu approach, but they were struggling with the problem of only seeing the Count of unique quote numbers.
On initial review, we thought that Advanced Filtering the Job Numbers to remove duplicate Job Numbers and then using COUNTIF would solve the problem. They were not satisfied with the outcome so we researched further. All of the above features are taught in our two day Executive Excel Advanced course
We investigated PowerPivot and found a hidden, but little-known Value Field Setting that could resolve the problem.
There are other solutions but this was the simplest.
Power Pivot Consultant – The Bespoke Solution
This is a short power bi partner showcase and if we were asked we could have automated this so that it would run seamlessly as a Macro.
Why Power Pivot & an Agency?
In the end, the Power Pivot solution we provided as a power BI consultancy service was simple enough, which is always the best solution. The client received a short video and guidance on how to implement the Power Pivot solution in the workplace without requiring any assistance from the IT department. Partner with us in your power bi projects
Speedy, simple BI Power Pivot solutions and or Excel are always required. You have to remember we don’t know the ned user most times and staff change on a regular basis.
We recommend that employees first master our Advanced Excel and then continue their journey with Excel Dashboard reporting and Microsoft power bi. Then they have a full toolbox and can solve most problems onsite. We are always here to provide power bi freelance consultant solutions when required and apply our power bi expertise.
Power Pivot FAQ’S
- How many rows can Power Pivot handle?
- The maximum number of rows in Excel is 1,048,576. With Power Pivot for Excel, there is theoretically no limit on the number of rows of data
- What is the difference between Power Query and Power Pivot?
- In short, with Power Query you get your data into Excel, either in worksheets or the Excel Data Model. With Power Pivot, you add richness to that Data Model.
- Can you do a Vlookup from a pivot table via Power Pivot?
- One of the most popular functions in Excel formulas is VLOOKUP. But, you can’t use VLOOKUP in Power Pivot. This is primarily because in Power Pivot, Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) functions don’t take a cell or cell range as a reference—as VLOOKUP does in Excel.
- How much doExcel MAcros costs?
- We will evaluate each job and the complexity thereof and provide you with a firm quote.
- How long will it take to find a solution in BI power pivot?
- The complexity of the project will determine the time required.
- What type of solutions can be created in Power Pivot?
- Power Pivot is an Excel add-in you can use to perform powerful data analysis and create sophisticated data models. With Power Pivot, you can mash up large volumes of data from various sources, perform information analysis rapidly, and share insights easily.
- What is the difference between the pivot table and Power Pivot?
- Tasks in Power Pivot or in Excel. The basic difference between Power Pivot and Excel is that you can create a more sophisticated data model by working on it in the Power Pivot window.
I look forward to any comments regarding power bi consultancy and whether your company has started using shorter workshop training sessions and our Work Ready courses. Arnold email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About Workshop Sessions
Link MS PowerPivot – MS Office – MS Excel – Excel Guru -MS Project – Softskills – Accredited Project Management